Saturday, September 3, 2011

24 Hours of HELL

(Thats not swearing used in that sentence right?? If so, i apologise to those who get offended)

Boy did we have an INTERESTING last 24 hours starting Thursday night. Here is the story.


Braylee has been sick and hadnt pooped sense Saturday. We took her to the doc on Wednesday and he said she had alot of "digestive disturbance", and put her on some culturelle (acts like yogurt) and repairs natural digestive enzymes. Anyway, So Thursday, Braylee was eating a drinking a little better and i THOUGHT we were on the winning side of this battle. Well Thursday night, at 11pm, Braylee was moaning and crying like she was in pain. I went in there and she has a gone poop a little but it was like pure water. She was crying in pain saying "poop poty mom" meaning she had to poop. Broke my heart. Well if you arent aware, watery poop is a sign of constipation usually. So i woke Jeff up at 11:30pm and had him help me give her a suppository to relieve her pain. It got worse from there. She was in alot of pain saying she needed to poop. Just moaning in pain. Then she started freaking out. Got really tense and the poop was coming. It sounded really watery. Then she started puking everywhere. It was so scary. I changed her diaper and it was nothing but bright green watery poop. Nothing solid. The thing that kept going through my mind was "what if she is impacted?". Impaction is a blockage in your bowel. You can die from that if it ruptures or from all the other complications from that. I called Braylee's Doctor's on call nurse and she highly suggested we take her to the ER.

We arrived at the ER at 12:30am. Between the time of 12:30 and 3:30am, they took Bray's vitals, took x-rays (which she was SOOO good for), put an I.V in, drew some blood, started a saline drip to re-hydrate her due to her blood results.
Her I.V was so sad. She was SCREAMING. And as soon as the were done she kept saying the saddest, sweetest, little voice "all better mommy", "i otay mommy" im tearing up just typing it. Its like she could feel all my emotions and she was reassuring me she was ok. Jeff was freaking out worse than me during it lol. He is such an amazing daddy. Even the nurses were like "what a sweet little cutie!". She was SOO brave.

After ALL that, the doc came in with the results from her x-ray.
He found that there was NO poop.
Which was weird but we were SO relieved that she didnt have a blockage because that probably would have called for surgery. Doc said she most likely just had a virus that needed to run its course.

I always feel silly taking Bray to the ER when there was nothing seriously wrong with her but what kind of parents would we be knowing that she hadnt pooped in almost a week,  was crying in pain TELLING us she needed to poop, and even a nurse highly recommended taking her in.
We are so glad that she is ok.

We got home at 4am, i had been up sense 5:30am the previous morning, i was BEAT. My crazy husband being the devoted employee he is.. WENT INTO WORK on 3 hours of sleep. He is crazy.

I woke up at about 11:30 and waited for Jeff to get home so i could go into work. Right before i needed to leave i put in a load of laundry and continued to get ready. 15 or 20 min had gone by, i was in out bathroom and i heard braylee playing in water on the floor. I yelled at her for making a mess (she often will drink water out of her sippy and spit it on the floor), but then i realized she didnt have a sippy and that was ALOT of water on the floor. Then i clicked that i could hear the washer STILL running water. PANIC set in as i ran to the washer room. Sure enough.. water was EVERYWHERE. The washer never stop filling up and the room was FLOODED. Went under the floor boards into the 3 surrounding rooms. Me and jeff started throwing every blanket in the house into the water to try to soak it up .
I continued to do this while Jeff got the carpet cleaner that we had borrowed from my sister and started sucking up the water and dumping it in the toilet.

We got it mostly cleaned up and i REALLY needed to get to work. Just as i was about to walk out the door, i realized the ONE thing we REALLY didnt want to happen.... happened.

The paint on our ceiling started bulging from the water. :(.

I guess it was good that i was bulging in lines, showing that the water was just coming through the seams in the dry wall in the ceiling.

We called my Uncle who does remodeling and he said give it a week to dry out, if the dry wall doesnt sag, we are good and wont have to replace the ceiling.

Needless to say, Jeff, and I went to bed at 11pm last night and slept in till 9:30 this morning.

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...